1. Tenders should be invited at Zonal Head Quarter level instead of Divisional level to ensure adequate number of joints and for better contract management. Tenders for minimum 10,000 joints of Mobile Flash Butt Welding, subject to availability of scope, should be invited by taking into account the requirement for a period of 2 years. Suitable PVC should be provided in the tender.
2. The tender for flash butt welding should not be mixed up with AT Welding.
3. Preferably, the same tender should cover the items of FB welding, development of depots, earthwork, leading of rails and cutting of rails, insertion of welded panels etc. to avoid the contractual coordination problem.
4. Minimum technical eligibility criteria as per Sudhir Chandra Committee to be followed.
5. The General QAP for the Flash Butt Welding Plant (excluding Details of Operators and Standardized Welding Parameters) proposed to be deployed by firm should be approved by RDSO before the tender opening date.